I am in a transition period with my clothing company that will involve working with other businesse/charities and I want to ensure that everything going forward is done legally. To be clear, I will be donating a portion of each sale to a specific charit that relates to said product (which will be a whole other legal roadblock to climb)

To start, I will need to register my business with the state. Does anyone have any experience in what to register their business as? Sole proprietorship/DBA, LLC, other?
  • Matt Borchert

    I think you should consult with a lawyer to see what your best option is. Many lawyers will consult for free, and then offer to do the paperwork for a fee.
  • PressForward

    I'd consult with an attorney who handles the articles of incorporation your state.

    I own and operate a screen printing/DTG/embroidery, etc. company in the Dallas area and established my business as an LLC. Choices are typically sole-proprietorship, LLC, corporation (s-corp or c-corp). DBA is really just the name that you intend to advertise your business as and isn't the actual legal business name. Something like ABC screen printing, LLC DBA as Texas Screen Printing Co. There's a separate process to file your DBA.

    Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
  • eagerpeople

    Thank you both for your advice. I will definitely be seeking assistance from a local business attorney as I move forward. I shall try to keep this post updated.

Advertise with us

Advertise with us

Sign Up

Forgot Your Password?