Previous one was getting a bit slow to load, full of Gnar though.
  • ChrisNeal


    Thoughts?
  • Evanimal

    That reminds me of the old lady/young lady optical illusion.

    Is there a reason that her nose line goes all the way to her forehead? That's throwing me off.

    Also your feathering is too much. Women's skin should always look smooth and clean (unless it's not supposed to be) so always render it with a less is more approach. Those lines make her look wrinkly and battered. Try using smooth contour shapes instead of little sharp lines, it'll make a hell of a difference.
  • treycook

    The nose kind of looks like a wang, no offense. It's the long vertical line and the hatching.
  • ChrisNeal

    Evanimal said: That reminds me of the old lady/young lady optical illusion.

    Is there a reason that her nose line goes all the way to her forehead? That's throwing me off.

    Also your feathering is too much. Women's skin should always look smooth and clean (unless it's not supposed to be) so always render it with a less is more approach. Those lines make her look wrinkly and battered. Try using smooth contour shapes instead of little sharp lines, it'll make a hell of a difference.

    The nose line was a stylistic choice, im not sure if im happy with it.

    Ill rework the feathering a bit then, its not something i have all that much expirence off but I do want to learn to do it better, thanks a lot for the feedback. Always nice to get some honest critique.
  • 1000eyesdesign

    Cyle Howe said: I agree with them, I see the wang nose, hah and I agree with the line going all the way up, and the shading on her right shoulder (our left) seems a bit weird, doesn't really look like it matches a lightsource, other than that I really like it so far.

    Here's something I'm working on, if anyone knows the name of those visors back from like the 80s/90s with the translucent visor and lights, can you help me find a reff pic? Hah I can't find one for the life of me

    your inking is great
  • MattisGentle



    do you think its worth exploring this kind of style?!
  • ChrisNeal

    I had a look at the way a couple of other people who are much better at feathering than me render women and went back to it, changed the nose up and finished the hair
    sorry for dominating the thread


    Cyle you mean a poker visor or am i way off?
  • Evanimal

    The lips need to be fuller and you need to pull out the face slightly. Right now she looks so old because her gaunt cheeks make her chin seem pointy, and her thin lips exacerbate things. A little healthiness and roundness (slight) should make her totally fuckable.
  • biotwist

    knowthedrill
  • mrgauky

    Blobdoodle...
  • PitchGrim

    mrgauky said: Blobdoodle...

    Die hard Gauky fan right here!
  • Integral

    It seems like feathering is an advanced tool in illustration cause when I try it looks dirty and random, I think Frenden, Craig do it pretty damn well.
  • Aiden Knowles

    Photobucket

    still trying to get those proportions
  • 110specialblack

    mrgauky said: Blobdoodle...

    nice. loved your work for the secret wars too. london - 3 pts right?
  • mrgauky

    110specialblack said:
    mrgauky said: Blobdoodle...

    nice. loved your work for the secret wars too. london - 3 pts right?

    Yeah we won 3-0, my next battles in Hamburg next month I think.
  • 1000eyesdesign

    Kirie said: i still dont have an idea to draw the hair,lips and mouth details and such.
    so i just leave it out like this
    src= border='0'/>

    looks like mj
  • Evanimal

    Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.
  • biotwist

    masonic-seal
  • drop

    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.

    OMG!
  • Aiden Knowles

    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.



    they look like ronnie and roxy from eastenders
  • biotwist

    masonic-seal
  • Andrew Haines



    finished but I can't show it all yet :(
  • Joshohh

    mynameisAIDEN said:
    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.



    they look like ronnie and roxy from eastenders
  • Jake Ward

    PitchGrim said:
    mrgauky said: Blobdoodle...

    Die hard Gauky fan right here!
  • CASTLE

    Trying digital art, this is my time using just a wacom with no pen an ink. You can get in there closer with more detail. I liek it but really really would like a cintiq

  • 1000eyesdesign

    CASTLE said: Trying digital art, this is my time using just a wacom with no pen an ink. You can get in there closer with more detail. I liek it but really really would like a cintiq


    looks awesome
  • Joshua Jordan

    mynameisAIDEN said:
    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.



    they look like ronnie and roxy from eastenders

    Uncanny. Can't wait for Evanimal to weigh in on this . . .
  • Tomspencer

    CASTLE said: Trying digital art, this is my time using just a wacom with no pen an ink. You can get in there closer with more detail. I liek it but really really would like a cintiq


    Looks so good!
  • WillDaBeast



    Just messing around with line weight
  • augie

    is that serious?
  • Craig Robson

    Eli. said:
    augie said: is that serious?

    i know it looks like shit right now. its not done.
    should i just not post this kind of stuff?

    it sounds very mean to say so...but no, please keep this to yourself. i would suggest going to school for art or taking some classes in various fields of design before you begin to contribute.
  • molasses4masses

    Eli. said:
    augie said: is that serious?

    i know it looks like shit right now. its not done.
    should i just not post this kind of stuff?

    I can't even tell what it is.
  • WillDaBeast



    any tips?
  • Colemadethis

    WillDaBeast said:

    any tips?

    yeah, dont use that fucking shark.
  • Evanimal

    mynameisAIDEN said:
    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.



    they look like ronnie and roxy from eastenders

    Whoa it does look like those two. I've never heard of that show, I'm guessing it's UK?
  • Evanimal

    Eli. said:

    just a little thing for fun. (might make it into a print.
    Not done with it yet, i actually just started coloring tonight.

    Any feedback/critique would be great.

    I'm actually intrigued to see what the fuck that's supposed to turn out as. I can't even wrap my mind around what I'm looking at...
  • lazyeye

    Evanimal said: Drinking and coloring... won't get you arrested.

    Love that!

    Here are is an early look into my photo collage from my trip to the flea market.
  • MVP


    redoing some old stuff. what should i do?
  • PitchGrim

    Finally found time to start inking this

  • molasses4masses



    Hmmm. I kind of like it. I was ready to write this off last night because I felt like it wasn't turning out right.

Advertise with us

Advertise with us


Sign Up

Forgot Your Password?